Thursday, October 17, 2013

The greatest Table of Contents ever

I just got my contributor's copy of Ann and Jeff VanderMeer's The Time Traveller's Almanac. Holy shit. I'm sharing the Table of Contents with a staggering array of writers, including heroes of mine like Ray Bradbury, Michael Moorcock, Gene Wolfe, and Ursula K. Le Guin. Not to mention George R. R. Martin, Isaac Asimov, Nalo Hopkinson, William Gibson, and writer-in-residence at Odyssey Writers Workshop (and all-around inspiration), Carrie Vaughn. My contribution to the book is titled "Music for Time Travellers," and it's a nine-page essay about how time travel has inspired all kinds of popular (and not-so-popular) music over the past few decades. The book comes out
on March 18, 2014 -- the week of my birthday, coincidentally. I'll consider it all the present I need. Um, no pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment